Stephen P. Kylie
Stephen Kylie was born and raised in the City of Peterborough, in the Province of Ontario, Canada. He completed a Bachelor of Science degree at Trent University, Peterborough, Ontario in 1975 with a joint major in mathematics and economics. He graduated with a Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of Ottawa in 1978 and was called to the Bar by the Law Society of Upper Canada in 1980. Steve has practised law for forty years in Peterborough since his call to the Bar.
Present Community Initiatives
- Chair of The Mount Community Centre Board
- Chair of Peterborough Poverty Reduction Network
- Member of the Finance Committee of St. Alphonsus Church, Peterborough, Ontario
- President of The Roman Catholic Peterborough Diocese Good Shepherd Foundation Inc.
- Co-Chair of the Rotary Club Victoria Day Fireworks and Family Night (Peterborough)
- Member of the Rotary Club of Peterborough
- Member of the United Way of Peterborough and District Board of Directors
Past Community Involvement
- Chair of Trent University Board of Governors
- Member of the Peterborough Federal Liberal Association
- Chair of City of Peterborough Holdings Inc.
- Chair of Peterborough Distribution Inc.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Peterborough Utilities Inc.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Peterborough Utilities Services Inc.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Central East Local Health Integration Network for five years
- Past Chair for 18 years and Director of St. Joseph’s Care Group, which operates St. Joseph’s at Fleming (formerly Marycrest Home for the Aged) and Marycrest at Inglewood Seniors’ Residence
- Member of the Board of Directors for St. Joseph’s Health Centre Peterborough from 1995 to 1998
- Member of the Fontbonne Society Board of Directors
- Treasurer of the Catholic Health Association of Ontario
- Chair of the City of Peterborough Mayor’s Centennial Celebrations Committee
- Member of Peterborough’s 2008 Olympic Summer Games Youth Camp Committee
- Member of Save the Market Hall Campaign
- Chair of the 1998 Ontario Winter Games Legacy Fund Committee
- Chair of the 1998 Ontario Winter Games, held in Peterborough, Ontario
- Chair of Peterborough’s Bid to host the 2001 Canada Summer Games
- Past Director of the Rotary Club of Peterborough (Chaired various committees)
- United Way Cabinet Member
- Chair/Director of Kawartha Pine Ridge Lung Association
- Director of Ontario Lung Association
- Institutional Ethics Committee for St. Joseph’s Health Centre and Marycrest Home for the Aged
- Big Brothers
- Otonabee Region Conservation Foundation
- Secretary of the Kawartha Men’s Recreational Softball League
- Girls Bantam basketball coach
- Youth basketball coach
- Played, coached or managed teams for hockey, basketball, softball, football and slo pitch
- Men’s recreational hockey
Awards and Recognition
- Greater Peterborough Chamber of Commerce 2016 Business Citizen of the Year
- Recipient of key to Trent University Alumni House
- Member of Trent University Alumni Association Jade Circle of Recognition
- United Way Peterborough & District 2016 Scholfield Award of Community Distinction
- City of Peterborough – 2015 Community Betterment Award
- The Rotary Foundation of Rotary International Paul Harris Fellow – 1999 and 2005
- Queen’s Golden Jubilee Medal recipient
- City of Peterborough Sports Personality of the Year – 1999
- Ontario Volunteer Service Award – 1999
- City of Peterborough Civic Award – 2001
- City of Peterborough Award of Distinction – Board of Parks and Recreation – 1999
- City of Peterborough Civic Award – 1999
- City of Peterborough Award of Distinction – The Community Services Department Recreation Division and the Board of Parks and Recreation – 2001
- City of Peterborough Award of Distinction – The Community Services Department Recreation Division and the Board of Parks and Recreation – 1997
- Ontario Lung Association 1992 Meritorious Service Award
- Ontario Lung Association – Recognition – Chair of Fundraising – 1988-1991
- The Lung Association – 15 years service award – 1996
Donna has been a legal assistant since 1978 and has worked with Steve Kylie since 1982, specializing in private mortgage transactions and commercial and industrial real estate transactions. Donna is also our receptionist.
Theresa is our office administrator and book keeper. She also handles our corporate and commercial matters, and our our wills, property and personal care powers of attorney, estate administration, and estate planning.